For the Don Army, the Resurrection Cathedral of the village of Starocherkasskaya was a significant monument testifying to the history of the Cossacks. By the middle of the XIX century the temple needed restoration, in connection with which, in the 1890s. The government of the Don Army began a petition to the War Ministry not only for the allocation of the necessary funds for restoration work, but also for their control by the Imperial Archaeological Commission. Only in 1916—1917 restoration began, which primarily affected the iconostasis and icons of the XVIII century. The documents presented for publication show details of inspections of the condition of the buildings of the Resurrection Cathedral and the bell tower, the results of the examination of the iconostasis, the course and results of restoration work carried out by the Moscow masters brothers M. and G. Chirikov in 1916—1917.
Source: Alla V. Shadrina (2019) Examination and Restoration of the Resurrection Cathedral of the Village of Starocherkasskaya: Documents of the Imperial Archaeological Commission of the late XIX – early XX centuries. Russkii Arkhiv. 7(2): 111-123
Source web-site: http://ejournal16.com/journals_n/1578181714.pdfNumber of views: 1465