The article is devoted to the analysis of the land route connecting the cities of Romny and Konotop. There was a fortified marina on this road. It was located at the stake of the old settlement and was protected by a small fortification located next to it. The settlement was built in the early Iron Age and was used during the high Middle Ages. In the XVII century, on the land road that led from the city of Romny to Konotop, several small castles were located that protected important crossings. One of the crossings over the Romеn River had a fortified marina. A pier was built here, which functioned at a later time. Crossing the river was carried out by boat or ferry.
Source: Osadchij E. (2019) Fortified Marina on the Land Route from the City of Romny to Konotop in the 17th century. Journal of International Network Center for Fundamental and Applied Research. 6(2): 83-92
Source web-site: http://ejournal36.com/journals_n/1592608066.pdfNumber of views: 1471