The history of formation and the current state of the park monument of landscape art of local importance Volokytynskyi (village Volokytyne in Putyvl raion of Sumy oblast) are researched. The founding of the park monument of landscape art of local importance Volokytinskyi is connected to the name of Andriy Mykhailovych Myklashevskyi (1801-1895). In 1829 he began the construction of his family estate in the village Volokytyne, building a manor house and laying a park. In 1846-1857 a brick, cross-shaped, single-domed Church of the Intercession and a three-tiered bell tower on the western facade were built. The manor was surrounded by a high fence made of crude stone which had two gothic-style gates — entrance gates and socalled Golden Gates. These two gates are the only remains of the architectural structures of the palace and park ensemble which have survived to present days. Due to their historical and artistic value they can become an attractive tourist object. Some of the landmarks of nature are also of tourist interest, including a four-hundred year old two-stem oak, which is a dumb witness of the presence of the future hetman Pavlo Skoropadskyi in the estate. Thus, the architectural complex of the park monument Volokytynskyi has suffered considerable losses, however, in view of the history of the estate and the prominent people associated with it (including hetman Pavlo Skoropadskyi), the park monument of landscape art of local importance Volokytynskyi has the potential not only as an object of ecological tourist recreation, but also of cultural and educational tourism.
Source: Mykhailichenko M.A., Kudinov D.V. (2020) Park Monument of Landscape Art of Local Importance Volokytynskyi: History, Current State and Prospects as a Tourism Object. Ancient Sumy Land. № LVІ: 66-80
Source web-site: https://starovyna.sumdu.edu.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/6-%D0%9C%D0%B8%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB%D1%96%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%9A%D1%83%D0%B4%D1%96%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2_compressed.pdfNumber of views: 765